Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Boston (100% onsite)
This position is with a global alternative investment firm headquartered in Boston. The firm currently manages more than $30 billion in assets and continues to grow. The firm invests in a wide array of businesses in healthcare, life sciences, technology and other growth sectors.
We are looking for a detailed and task-oriented individual who is motivated to succeed. This individual must have good communication skills and must value project management. The successful candidate will want to take ownership of all areas of the desktop, mobile, video conferencing, VoIP, networking and SaaS services environment. The position is forward facing to a very educated population that requires a strong service delivery orientation.
- This position will be responsible for first-line support and will be required to follow problems through to conclusion. The successful candidate will need to be able to reach out to more seasoned engineers who have a desire to help develop the individual’s skillset.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Windows 10/11, iOS, Click-To-Run Office365, Intune, Chrome, Firefox, BitLocker and PowerShell in a TCP/IP networking environment. Strong network troubleshooting experience required. Previous exposure to Mac OSX, JAMF, Adobe, Foxit PDF, FreshService or similar help desk management systems preferred.
- Help drive development of a new Windows 11 image using Microsoft EndPoint Manager/AutoPilot to modernize laptop deployments. Work with senior cloud engineers to implement AutoPilot/Intune device inventory management and deployment.
- Ability to spot help desk issues/trends, experiment, adapt, innovate and implement solutions. Previous experience with image deployment and desktop patching services viewed favorably.
- The successful candidate will be prompt, organized, with strong verbal/written communications skills and a focused service delivery orientation. Ability to manage a project from start to finish with minimal supervision/oversight. Ability to provide clean, concise, progress reports. Must maintain clean, neat business professional appearance.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of different tasks including desktop support, PC/Laptop builds, desktop/server software installation, video conferencing setup/support, mobile device deployment, access control systems, troubleshooting, and management.
- Ability to manage a variety of service providers including, cellular telephone/data, security, video conferencing, HVAC, hardware, software providers.
- Must be able to learn quickly and work as a member of an IT support team in a technically challenging and demanding user environment.
- Ability to work 40-60 hours/week in a fast-paced environment. We are a work from the office firm.
- Resolve desktop/PDA service requests, provide detailed desktop hardware/software support, manage cloud service accounts.
- Setup, support, troubleshoot video conferencing, multimedia presentation facilities to support critical business meetings
- Build, test, install, manage desktop/laptop PC’s and iOS-based PDAs. Evaluate, select, implement and standardize desktop hardware solutions including laptops, monitors, docking stations, printers, copiers, cameras, speakers, scanners, etc.
- Manage cellular service telephone/data plans, software support and hardware maintenance contracts.
- Develop, manage, document operational, maintenance and security procedures.
- Configure, test, implement new 2FA user accounts, SaaS accounts, telephone services. Coordinate and perform end user software, telephone and voicemail training as required.
- Maintain Hardware/Software Inventory of all laptops, desktops, tablets, mobile phones. Install, maintain operate network switching and firewall infrastructure.
- Ensure adherence with all information, confidentiality and compliance related policies
- Provide copier/printer support, troubleshooting, install firmware updates.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of a new IT Service Management solution.
- Previous experience using Microsoft End Point Manager (Intune)/AutoPilot/Apple Business Manager/JAMF to deploy and manage Windows based laptops/iOS Devices preferred.
- Previous experience deploying Apple MacBooks/OSX, with JAMF preferred.
- Four-year degree in an IT or math related field
- 3+ years of experience in support related positions