Location: Herndon, VA. Remote with occasional work onsite. Quarterly travel expected.
Headquartered in Austin, our client is a leader in the Cybersecurity software space. Thousands of enterprise and government customers globally use our client's software to protect their sensitive data and allow an easy adoption of Zero Trust.
Platform / Stack
You will work with technologies that include Trellix, Wazuh, Entrust HSM, NIST 800-53, and STIG.
Compensation Expectation– $140,000-$160,000
What You'll Do As a Security Engineer
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate security issues in our client’s on-premise environments and processes
- Implement processes to keep environment secured, including automation when possible
- Experience configuring, administering, and developing vulnerability management tools to scan, notify responsible teams, and follow up to ensure remediation as well as patching has been completed
- Experience configuring, administering, and developing security information and event management tools. Monitor, report, action and remediate security incidents
- Develop security architecture and/or security view diagrams depicting expected and actual security implementations
- Create, update, and maintain documentation for all deployments and configurations from security tools for the environment
You could be a great fit if you have:
- At least six (6) years of experience in Information Technology or Information Security
- Familiar with NIST 800-53 Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) documentation, implementation, and verification.
- Proficient troubleshooting skills in the areas of security, Linux and networking
- Proficient with operating systems and relational databases (Microsoft Windows, Microsoft SQL Server, RedHat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Linux, Ubuntu)
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA are preferred.