The Director, Security Analytics must possess a deep background in information security encompassing facets of information security including, but not limited to:
- Security Event Analysis – The candidate must have a deep background in network and system security event monitoring, packet analysis, and log analysis.
- Incident Response – The Director, Security Analytics will lead incident response engagements and must have extensive incident response experience.
- Security Engineering – The candidate must have extensive experience engineering and tuning IDS/IPS, DLP, SIEM, and other security systems. The Director, Security Analytics will be responsible for configuring and managing these systems.
- Information Security Assessments – The Director, Security Analytics will perform security, vulnerability, and risk assessments of critical systems, infrastructure, and third parties. Recommendations and action plans will be developed based on these assessments. The Director, Security Analytics will guide the business by addressing these plans and recommendations.
- Threat and Vulnerability Management – The Director, Security Analytics will work closely with IT to identify risks, threats, vulnerabilities and provide remediation guidance.
- Digital Forensics – The Director, Security Analytics will perform forensic investigations and must have digital forensics and investigations experience.
This position requires specific training in fields such as information technology, computer sciences, or similar disciplines obtained through a formal program, usually resulting in a Bachelor’s Degree or advanced certifications.
A minimum of 7 years’ experience in information security is required.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
- Subject Matter Expert in information security including network, system, application, web, and database security.
- In-depth experience with network and system security event monitoring, packet analysis, log analysis, and data loss prevention.
- Demonstrated experience engineering IDS/IPS, DLP, SIEM, and other security systems.
- Digital forensics and investigations experience.
- Experience developing security procedures.
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to handle competing priorities and multiple projects.
- Ability to work well with broad direction in a loosely structured environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading incident response investigations.
- Web application vulnerability assessment experience.
- Hands-on experience with:
- Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux, and Mac OS X
- IDS/IPS and SIEM
- EnCase and/or FTK
- Web applications and services
- Oracle and SQL
- Qualys and/or Nessus
- Splunk or similar platform
- Strong scripting and programming experience
- Ability to think outside the box
- Effective communication skills
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Physical security and fraud investigation expertise
- Security, Network, and System certifications
Apply For This Position