Location: Boston (100% onsite)
This position is with a global alternative investment firm headquartered in Boston. The firm currently manages more than $30 billion in assets and continues to grow. The firm invests in a wide array of businesses in healthcare, life sciences, technology, and other growth sectors.
Compensation Expectation– $160K – $180K/annual
What You’ll Do as an Enterprise Support Services Manager
- Prioritize/Direct the efforts of help desk team members to create/ensure a proactive approach to problem resolution. The successful candidate will be comfortable prioritizing, managing and tracking team member efforts to ensure responsive support and problem ownership through problem resolution.
- Identify help desk issues/trends, experiment, adapt, innovate, develop/implement best practices to eliminate issues and improve help desk efficiency. Previous experience managing/customizing IT service management tools preferred.
- The successful candidate will be prompt, organized, with strong verbal/written communications skills and a focused service delivery orientation. Ability to manage a project from start to finish with minimal supervision/oversight. Ability to provide clean, concise, progress reports. Must maintain clean, neat business professional appearance.
- Ensure information in key inventory management, software licensing, certificate management, cyber incident, change tracking, system directories, SaaS service consoles is timely and accurate.
- Manage/direct help desk team member efforts in remote offices (Boston, London, Menlo Park). Ability to hold team members accountable for performance, efficiency, accuracy.
- Directing team efforts in the development of knowledgebase content covering technical, process, procedural, cyber-security topics.
- Work with senior team members to drive the deployment of Microsoft based technologies (SSO/SCIM Provisioning, Azure AD, Conditional Access, Group Policies, AutoPilot, Intune) to create a modern, efficient, accurate desktop/laptop/handheld device deployment/maintenance infrastructure.
- Help drive development of a new Windows 11 image using Microsoft EndPoint Manager/AutoPilot to modernize laptop deployments. Work with senior cloud engineers to implement AutoPilot/Intune device inventory management and deployment.
- Prioritize/resolve a variety of different tasks including desktop support, device inventory management, software licensing, PC/Laptop builds, desktop/server software installation, video conferencing setup/support, mobile device deployment, and access control systems.
- Manage a variety of service providers including cellular telephone/data, security, video conferencing, HVAC, hardware, software providers.
- Must be able to learn quickly and work as a member of an IT support team in a technically challenging and demanding user environment.
- Ensure adherence with all information, confidentiality, and compliance related policies.
- Ability to work 40-60 hours/week in a fast-paced challenging environment.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Windows 10/11, iOS, Click-To-Run Office365, Intune, Chrome, Firefox, BitLocker in a TCP/IP networking environment. Strong network troubleshooting experience required. Previous exposure to AutoPilot, Mac OSX, JAMF, Adobe, Foxit PDF viewed favorably. Previous experience with image deployment and desktop patching services viewed favorably.
- Resolve desktop/PDA service requests, provide detailed desktop hardware/software support, manage cloud service accounts.
- Setup, support, troubleshoot video conferencing, multimedia presentation facilities to support critical business meetings.
- Build, test, install, manage desktop/laptop PC’s and iOS-based PDAs. Evaluate, select, implement, and standardize desktop hardware solutions including laptops, monitors, docking stations, printers, copiers, cameras, speakers, scanners, etc.
- Manage cellular service telephone/data plans, software support and hardware maintenance contracts.
- Provide copier/printer support, troubleshooting, install firmware updates.
- Previous experience using Microsoft End Point Manager (Intune)/AutoPilot/Apple Business Manager/JAMF to deploy and manage Windows based laptops/iOS Devices preferred.
- Previous experience deploying Apple MacBooks/OSX, with JAMF preferred.
- Four-year degree in an IT or math related field
- 3+ years of experience in help desk management