Location: Boston, MA (100% onsite)
Principle IT Infrastructure Engineer- Boston, MA
Our client is a global alternative investment firm that is currently managing more than $30 billion in assets. Over the last 35+ years, the firm has invested in more than 430 companies in healthcare, life sciences, technology and other growth sectors. These companies have completed more than 135 public offerings, and more than 160 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales.
This role offers an opportunity to work with state-of-the-art computer networking, video, voice and SaaS technologies in a fast paced, business professional environment. This individual would be working as key member of the Boston MA based Information Technology team.
We are looking for a detailed and task-oriented individual who is motivated to succeed. This individual must have good communication skills and value project management. The successful candidate will want to take ownership of all areas of the network/server/cloud services infrastructure. The position reports and works directly with the Vice President of Infrastructure and requires a strong service delivery orientation.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining, improving state of the art network infrastructure enterprise infrastructure consisting of Switches, Routers, Network appliances, Wireless Access Points, Storage Arrays, SDWan, VMWare infrastructure. Manage backup systems/policies to ensure data integrity. Manage on-premise/cloud based zero-trust enterprise firewall services and cyber-security products/infrastructure. The successful candidate will have broad experience configuring/maintaining network infrastructure for a financial services firm.
- Support team members in resolving complete system/network issues and/or providing expert guidance on networking best practices.
- Strong experience with Firewalls, Routers, Network Switches, VMWare, Powershell, Zero trust endpoint firewalls/VPN, in a TCP based Windows/Linux hybrid Azure AD environment.
- Strong network troubleshooting experience required. Previous exposure/experience with IT Services toolset including problem tracking/resolution, change management, ticket tracking/resolution.
- Drive the design/deployment of new physical/virtual infrastructure to improve performance, reliability, resiliency of enterprise services.
- Strong ability to identify infrastructure/cyber-security related issues/trends, experiment, adapt, innovate and implement solutions.
- The successful candidate will be prompt, organized, with strong verbal/written communications skills and a focused service delivery orientation. Ability to manage a project from start to finish with minimal supervision/oversight. Ability to provide clean, concise, progress reports. Must maintain clean, neat business professional appearance. Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of different tasks simultaneously.
- Previous experience with network architecture documentation, implementation, monitoring, troubleshooting or physical and virtualize infrastructure.
- Strong interest/desire in cyber security. Willingness to monitor cyber-security related trends, breaches, standards and participant in discussions, propose solutions and practical actions to enhance organization cyber security from the desktop to network infrastructure and cloud services.
- Strong interest in the implementation/maintenance/operation of state of the art cyber-security products and SaaS based services. Prior experience formulating/implementing regulatory compliance policies.
- Ability to manage a variety of service/hardware/software solution providers . Negotiate, review service provider contracts.
- Must be able to learn quickly and work as a member of an IT team in a technically challenging and demanding user environment. Must be self-motivated and able to think outside the box with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Ability to work 40-60 hours/week in a fast-paced environment. We are a work from the office firm. Occasional travel to remote offices required.
- Experience with network firewalls preferably Palo Alto, Zero trust endpoint firewalls (ZScaler) and network related cyber security products.
- Experience with Cisco routers, Dell PowerSwitch network switches/storage products, Meraki Wireless Access Point experience preferred.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving complex network switching and routing issues
- Experience implementing standard network protocols including DNS, DHCP, TCP, BGP, ICMP, IP subnet addressing, WiFi, Radius, HTTPS, SFTP, LAN, VLAN, Communication Circuits, Windows, RHEL.
- Powershell experience automating common system/network administrative tasks.
- Develop, manage, document operational, maintenance and security procedures.
- Maintain timely/accurate Hardware/Software Inventory of all network and service infrastructure.
- Ensure adherence with all information, confidentiality and compliance related policies
- Four-year degree in an IT or math related field
- 3+ years of experience in infrastructure related positions